The puck drops this Saturday for the NHL's first preseason game, with the regular season just a few short weeks thereafter. Below is important information about the season so please be sure to share with your dev and product teams.
- Preseason: Saturday 9/25 (season parameter: 2022PRE)
- Regular season: Tuesday 10/12 (2022 or 2022REG)
- All-Star Game: Saturday 2/5 (2022STAR)
- End of Reg Season / Playoffs Start (2022POST)
CONTINUATION OF PREVIOUS SEASON COVERAGE:
In addition to the new items above, we will continue to provide the same great coverage from last season, including rosters, line combos, real-time scores, stats, and play-by-play feeds, fantasy feeds, betting odds, news & images. You can find all available coverage in our NHL Coverage Overview.
NEW COVERAGE & PRODUCTS (SUMMARY):
- Confirmed Goalies
- In-Play Odds by Sportsbook
- Resulting/Grading of Betting Odds
- Betting Splits (% of money and % of total bets)
- Full suite of responsive widgets
- First full season using our new CDN
NEW COVERAGE & PRODUCTS (DETAILED):
No changes are required to use the feeds as you have in past seasons, but the ability to incorporate the new and improved Confirmed Goalie data is available for clients if they wish to utilize it.
The process for previous seasons was as follows:
- Player Game Projections by Date - this endpoint indicated the Goalie that was projected to start by showing which Goalie has the most projected fantasy points. This endpoint also includes the Started field, which is set to “true” until the start of the game based on that projected fantasy point total.
- PlayerGame Table - this data table, available via several endpoints listed at the top of the table within our Data Dictionary, would then show the Started field as “true” when we saw which Goalie actually started the game.
The process for the 2021/2022 season and following seasons will be as follows:
- Player Game Projections by Date - this endpoint will function the same as it has in past seasons. The field Started, when set to “true,” will continue to represent only the projected starting Goalie only.
- Started Goaltenders by Date - this is a new endpoint that will be available before the start of the Regular Season. It will include a Started field, which will be set to “true” once the team announces the starting goalie. This can happen as early as after morning skate, or as late as the players take the ice during the warm-up.
- PlayerGame Table - the endpoints delivering this data will continue to operate like last season by setting the Started field to “true” when the game starts once it is confirmed which Goalie actually starts the game.
In-Play Odds by Sportsbook
- In-Game Odds By Date - last season this endpoint included in-play odds, but only for our Consensus line, and therefore only included a single Sportsbook ID. For the 2021/2022 season, you will see three new Sportsbook IDs appear, for FanDuel, DraftKings and PointsBet.
Resulting/Grading of Betting Odds:
- The list of markets that will be resulted is still in progress, but once confirmed, will be highlighted in blue on pages 12 and 13 of our Aggregated Odds Service coverage doc like has already been done for NFL, NCAAF, MLB, and NBA.
To access this new information you can use the following endpoints. These endpoints will become available prior to the first Regular Season game.
- Betting Splits by Score ID
- Betting Splits by Betting Market ID