The NBA preseason tips off Sunday, October 3rd with the regular season starting just a few weeks thereafter. Below is important information about the season so please be sure to share with your dev and product teams.
- Preseason: Sunday 10/3 (season parameter: 2022PRE)
- Regular season: Tuesday 10/19 (2022 or 2022REG)
- All-Star Game: Sunday 2/20 (2022STAR)
- Play-in Tournament: Tuesday 4/12 (2022POST)
- Playoffs: Saturday 4/16 (2022POST)
CONTINUATION OF PREVIOUS SEASON COVERAGE:
In addition to the new items listed below, we will continue to provide the same great coverage from last season, including rosters, real-time scores, stats, and play-by-play feeds, fantasy feeds, betting odds, news & images. You can find all available coverage in our NBA Coverage Overview.
NEW COVERAGE & PRODUCTS (SUMMARY):
- Confirmed Starting Lineups
- Referee Game Assignments
- In-Play Odds by Sportsbook
- Resulting/Grading of Betting Odds
- Betting Splits ( % of money and % of total bets)
- Full suite of responsive widgets
- First full season using our new CDN
NEW COVERAGE & PRODUCTS (DETAILED):
No changes are required to use the feeds as you have in past seasons, but the ability to incorporate the new and improved starting lineups data is available for clients if they wish to utilize it.
The process for previous seasons was as follows:
- Projected Player Game Stats by Date - this endpoint indicated the projected starting lineup by showing which player had the most projected fantasy points at each position. This endpoint also included the Started field, which is set to “true” until the start of the game based on their projected fantasy point total.
- PlayerGame Table - this data table, available via several endpoints, would show the Started field as “true” for each player that started once the game began.
The process for the 2021/2022 season and following seasons will be as follows:
- Projected Player Game Stats by Date - this endpoint will function the same as it has in past seasons. The Started field, when set to “true,” will continue to represent only the projected starting five.
- Starting Lineups By Date - this is a new endpoint that will be available before the start of the Regular Season. It will include a projected starting five, which will be set to “true” once the team announces their starting lineup. Lineups are generally announced anywhere between 30 minutes to 5 minutes prior to tipoff.
- PlayerGame Table - the endpoints delivering this data will continue to operate like last season by setting the Started field to “true” when the game starts once it is confirmed which five players have started the game.
Referee Game Assignments
- Game Table - Referee assignments will be available for each game within the game table. The new data fields will be called the following: CrewchiefID, RefereeID, UmpireID, AlternateRefereeID. Referee game assignments will be available within our database shortly after they are released on gamedays, around 9 am EST.
In-Play Odds by Sportsbook
- In-Game Odds By Date - last season this endpoint included in-play odds, but only for our Consensus line, and therefore only included a single Sportsbook ID. For the 2021/2022 season, you will see three new Sportsbook IDs appear for FanDuel, DraftKings, and PointsBet.
Resulting/Grading of Betting Odds
- The list of markets that are resulted are highlighted in blue on pages 12 and 13 of our Aggregated Odds Service coverage doc. This has been done for NFL, NCAAF, MLB, and NBA.
To access this new information you can use the following endpoints: