This article talks about the different kinds of live game simulations SportsDataIO offers and how you can use them.
This article is also available at sportsdata.io.
LIVE NFL GAME SIMULATIONS
For your convenience, we provide APIs that simulate the NFL Conference Championship games from the 2021 NFL season.
In this NFL simulation platform, we give you full control over which point in the game you want to test against. Specifically, we are able to choose how many plays (numberOfPlays) into the games you'd like to receive data for. You can simply write a
foreach loop from 0 to 200, sleep for an interval between each API call, and use the data from each API call to update your database/application. You may progress the game however quickly you'd like to, so there's never any need to wait for a simulation to start.
- Start Times (ET)
The simulation starts whenever you want it to, because you specify how many plays into the games you want to pull data.
- Run Time you control the run-time of the game
Scores by Week Simulation
Box Scores V3 Simulation
Play by Play Delta Simulation
- API Parameters
the simulation APIs accept the following parameter values
- Sample API Calls
plug your API key into the query string https://api.sportsdata.io/v3/nfl/scores/JSON/SimulatedScores/5?key=xxxxx
- Game Progression Details
- When you pass in numberOfPlays = 0, you'll receive data for the game before it started.
- When you pass in numberOfPlays = 20, you'll receive data for the game after 20 plays happened.
- When you pass in numberOfPlays = 200+, you'll receive data for the game after it's over.
- All of the coverage we provide is included in the simulation. This includes:
Game Score/Status, Quarters, Play-by-Play, Team Game Stats, Player Game Stats, Fantasy Defense Stats, Scoring Plays, & Scoring Details
March Madness Tournament Simulation
Unlike the long MLB season, for instance, March Madness only comes once a year, so it's critical to get it right the first time. We have a tournament feed, which begins to push updates starting with Selection Sunday, all throughout the tournament, and ending with the National Championship. Since there is no way to test the cycles that our tournament feed goes through, we're running NCAA Tournament simulations every four hours (details below). If you need technical assistance, please email us at email@example.com.
- Start Times (ET)
Runs every four hours starting at 12:00 noon ET
12:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 8:00 PM, 12:00 AM, 4:00 AM, 8:00 AM
- Run Time 4 hours
- API Tournament Hierarchy
- API Parameters
pass the following parameter values to pull simulation data
- Sample API Call
plug your API key into the query string
- Selection Sunday
During the first 30-35 minutes of the simulation, we simulate the Selection Sunday show. This means that approximately every 30 seconds, we load another NCAA team into the tournament brackets/seedings.
- Tournament Progression Details
- During the remainder of the simulation period, we simulate the tournament progression.
- This means that every 30 seconds, we insert final scores into the next game of the tournament and flip it to final.
- When games flip to final, the winner advances to the next round, which populates their information accordingly.
- After each round is complete, we sleep for 5 minutes before simulating the next round.
- This continues until the tournament has reached completion.
Related Help Articles
simulations, march madness, nfl