Within the Schedules and Games endpoints, you will find a Status field for any given game. This Schedule field is used to tell you the current status of the game in question. While the possible values vary slightly between certain sports, for the most part these are consistent. The consistent outputs, as well as the sport-specific ones, are explained below.
- Scheduled: The sports game is planned and has a set date and time but has not yet started.
- InProgress: The game is currently being played, with both teams actively competing.
- Final: The game has ended in regulation time, and the final score has been determined.
- F/OT: The game has ended after overtime (OT), with the final score determined in the additional period(s) beyond regulation time.
- Suspended: The game has been temporarily halted due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g., severe weather, power outage), with the intention to resume later.
- Postponed: The game has been rescheduled for a later date, typically due to weather or other extenuating circumstances.
- Delayed: The game's start time has been pushed back, but it is still expected to be played on the same day.
- Canceled: The game has been called off and will not be played or rescheduled, often due to extreme weather or other uncontrollable events.
- Forfeit: One team has conceded the game, resulting in an automatic win for the opposing team, typically due to a lack of players, rule violations, or other issues.
Soccer and NHL Only
- F/SO: The game has ended after a shootout (SO) to determine the winner following a tie in regulation and overtime.
MLB, NBA, NHL, and WNBA Only
NotNecessary: The game is part of a series and is no longer needed, as the series outcome has already been determined based on the results of previous games. This can be considered analogous to a Canceled game.
- Example: The LA Dodgers and Chicago Cubs were set for a seven-game series in the National League Championship Series. However, Los Angeles won the sixth game to make it a 4-2 series. As Chicago could no longer bridge the gap in the remaining game, the seventh game was unnecessary and was not played. Thus, the seventh game changed from Scheduled to NotNecessary.